Tuesday, October 12, 2010

PORTUGAL AND SPAIN

Tram travel in Lisbon
Tomorrow, I'll be flying to Lisbon where I intend staying for four days. During that time I'll take a trip to Sintra and explore Lisbon. Hope to find some of those fado clubs, to hear some of those songs that are so evocative of that place in Europe. After that, I'll be heading about two hundred kilometers south to Tavira where I will stay with some English friends who have lived there for the past four years. 
From Tavira, it is an easy distance to Seville and Cordoba in Spain. The attraction of Cordoba is the cathedral, set strangely within the walls and halls of a massive mosque from the days when the Islamic Moors were in Spain. 
So that's it in a nutshell - and I'll try to upload some information and pictures whenever possible. D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Derek, I'm not older than 40 and I recognized the Dark Side of the Moon album immediately :).

Anyway good reading as usual. I was impressed especially by the picture od Moorish castle.

Jirka.